Saturday, December 20, 2008

Woo Hoo!!!

I am so incredibly excited. I need to take deep, long breaths to calm myself. After months of living as a recluse, my best friends are all in the city. AT THE SAME TIME. I barely know what to do with myself. I'm pacing and I just wolfed down a cheeseburger, and I don't know. I think I need a tranquilizer or something.

Anyway, in other news, I am thrilled about the holidays (have I mentioned this fact yet?) and that doesn't help any with my heart rate. Is it possible to be too happy? It worries me because I come from a long line of pessimists, who believe that when things are going very well, this means they are about to get very, very wrong. I hope that lifelong belief doesn't apply to my current situation.

www.savagechickens.com



* * * * *

I dislike most Will Smith movies. Except Six Degrees of Separation; he was fantastic in that one.

Love Franke.
Love Soderbergh.
Love Del Toro.
Pretty please, Santa, let it be good. I behaved this year ... mostly.

Sarah Palin Time Mag's Runner Up Person of the Year. Really? No, Really?


At least they didn't throw any shoes.

Warner Music, You Bunch of Stupid Old Farts Remove your content from YouTube - fine. But realize that you are simply shooting yourselves in the foot (feet?). YouTube is a phenomenon, a vast sharing site that connects styles, tastes and interests all over the globe. I use the site often to listen to and discover new music - THEN I BUY IT. The audio quality is typically terrible, so I'm not going to use YouTube as a listening service or to steal your music or some such nonsense. I use it when I'm curious about an artist. God, Warner, GET WITH IT.

On a related note... Music Industry is Going to Stop Suing Small Children and Old Ladies.

Thank God.


* * * * *


www.leeds.ac.uk


The Man Who Invented Christmas

Standiford's good at finding the small detail, the bit of color that a substantial Dickens biography might overlook. He catalogs how Scrooge has become "common cultural property" and how "Carol" is so thoroughly embedded in our collective mind that, were all copies destroyed, the story "could be written again."


Listening to: Los Campesinos

No comments: