Saturday, December 6, 2008

Bush is like that awesome Ladytron song.

Re: Scary Boob
Ladytron


Okay, so I'm not going to say that Bush destroyed the country, but I will say he maimed it. Americans are a
resilient (though sometimes brutish) breed, and will probably rebuild, but we all know how gloomy things are. Or do we? I don't think we've really had to bear the brunt yet of the madness, war, and excessive spending that the now 'lame-duck' administration has borne. It's all kicking in, and it's kicking in Hard.

The Wall Street Journal informs us that "the U.S. lost half a million jobs in November, the largest one-month drop since 1974, as employers brace for a recession that's expected to stretch through much of 2009," though they do conscend that, "the overall labor market is about 75% larger today, so the job cuts now represent a smaller share of the work force." The article also suggests that the way to resolve the national problem is to stabilize the housing market, and to heal the crippled credit system, which if you ask me sounds incredibly vague. It reminds me of Keenan's Weekend Update character yelling out, "Fix it!"

They also note that, "The tally of 1.9 million jobs pared thus far in 2008 surpasses the losses of the past two recessions, signaling that the current downturn could be the worst since the years immediately following World War II."

I just keep repeating to myself, "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job."

Yup.

Listening to: Lips Like Sugar
Words cannot describe how much I love this song.

No comments: