Monday, December 15, 2008

Phone, you are my monolith.

Look at me, gaze upon my awesomeness!

So I have a new phone, and I am completely, irrevocably in love with it. I haven't been so much in love with an inatimate object since I purchased my laptop at Best Buy with 6 months no interest. When I look it at it I hear 2001's Thus Spake Zarathustra pulsating in my head. It's magic ... and this probably means I'm more of a materialistic person than I once thought.

In other news,

Tonight ABC airs the documentary Drama High: The making of a high school musical.
Wherein kids fight over roles in The Wiz. I have a feeling this will bring back memories.

Then Tuesday night, ABC airs A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Click Here to listen to Vince Guaraldi's amazing score.
and here to read or listen to NPR's great 2006 commentary on it.

Wednesday, NBC airs A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa.
I will watch anything involving Kermit the Frog. ANYTHING.



I've put together a list of movies I really want to see in the next few months (if I can get my lazy arse out to the theatre):

1. Milk

2. Rachel Getting Married

3. Synecdoche, New York

4. The Wrestler

5. Cadillac Records

6. Slumdog Millionaire

7. Australia

7. Wall-E

8. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist ...

Wait, some of these aren't even in theatres anymore, are they?? {Groan} I'm so out of it.

* * * * *

Oh, and this is my favorite blog of the day - well, my favorite thing today period .. next to my phone: Citizen Kane posted an event ... and nobody came.

Listening to: Vampire Weekend

No comments: