Sunday, December 7, 2008

fix the country and stuff


Today, Obama announced his new secretary of veterans affairs, and promised us a whole bunch of stuff. I frigging love that man.

New York Times Online article

This afternoon, MSNBC noted, "It seems as if he's already taken office!" It's surprising (well, not so surprising actually) that Bush has done much to assist ailing big business, but little to ease the pain of individual home owners. Obama indicates his 'team' will change that.

I don't know if Obama will be able to handle all this, or if he will be a great president; but I have a sense of hope for the first time in a long while.

* * * *

I've been reading Cleolinda's blog, Occupation Girl over on livejournal, and I love it.

She writes an online series called "Movies in Fifteen Minutes." She's pithy, she's funny, she's brilliant - love her.

Here's her Twilight in 15 minutes.

No comments: