Thursday, January 15, 2009

The most boring blog entry ever in the whole history of the world.

"Christina's World" Andrew Wyeth

So I've been a bit rocky over the last week or so. Mood swings and such, terrible dreams, the revisiting of awful memories. It makes me wonder - how much should we process and how much should we bury? It also made me think I either

a) need to get on meds
or
b) need to make a serious assessment of my life.

I've always been a windblown, zany kind of person and the notions of order and structure are kind of foreign planets to me; but I think I'm a good person with a good heart. Just horribly irresponsible and dareIsayit messy. I lack ambition, but have a lot of talent; I've just never known what I'm supposed to be doing here. I know I love my family and friends, and the poetry of people like cummings and Plath and Neruda, and Fellini films and Steve Martin, and, god, music. Music is EVERYTHING. And it seems that's all I need to be happy in life. Shouldn't there be more? Why are my aspirations so limited? Why am I content with so little? Why this blog such an utter bore today?

And why do things like THIS make me so happy?

Ah, well...

* * * * *

Despite his {epic fail} of a "press tour" in the last weeks:
Bush Still An Idiot

THIS is all I had to do to pay for college??

These folks must feel like the luckiest people on Earth.
And some Images to go along with that :)

Marie Antoniette never said let them eat cake.

The sad state of foreclosures.

RIP Andrew Wyeth
The greatest living American painter dies at 91.

* * * * *
Quote of the Day:
New York Magazine: Is there anything about the new New York that's better?
Woody Allen: Uh, well, it’s safer. But, you know, I think change of this sort is almost always negative. Things degenerate.

No comments: