Sunday, November 30, 2008

Great Big Moon, Poor Rosie, and My Throat Hurts!

I have so little on my mind right now, because I'm exhausted. Thanks to a certain blonde-headed flake, I'm working early hours on my day off. I got up at 6 in the morning cursing said blonde girl's name. But it's overtime, so I suppose I should be happy :) What brings me more delight than extra cash is the following Washington Post article.

The Jupiter-Venus conjuction takes place tomorrow night, and it should be spectacular:


Even better -
"The full moon Dec. 12 will be at its closest (356,556 kilometers, or 221,554 miles) to Earth since 1993, and the full moon won't be this close again until 2016."
Get your telescopes ready!
* * * *


Rosie O'Donnell's new variety show bombed, which is not a surprise. I watched it with my brother the other night, and it was terrible. Stale jokes, bizarre set concept, and mystifying acts (and not 'mystifying' in a good way whatsoever). I actually like Rosie, and I feel sorry for her. But, man, was that terrible.

* * * * *


This new Elvis Costello show on Sundance looks amazing:


Spectacle is an indepth music show featuring Lou Reed, Jenny Lewis and The Police. It premieres this Wednesday.
* * * * *
My throat is killing me today, so my supervisor gave me this recipe; I'm making it as soon as I get home:
1 cup milk
1 tsp butter
1/4 tsp turmeric
1. Place milk and butter in saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Add turmeric and set stove to lowest setting.
3. Simmer a few minutes and serve.
4. Don't ingest anything for at least an hour.
I always thought dairy was bad for the throat, but I'm curious to see how this works out. I'm also a little desperate, so I'll try anything!

No comments: